Creating Comps
I decided to go in three different directions for the look and feel of my app re-design. One, mostly incorporating Dunkin's pink, another mostly incorporating Dunkin's orange and one incorporating all of Dunkin's color. My classmates and Professor Hastings helped me realize that the mostly pink and mostly orange screens were too much of one color. They also helped me see that the dark background of the mostly pink screens would be hard to see a lot of features and that the orange could be hard to see with printing purposes. We decided to go mostly in the direction that incorporated all three colors, however, the hierarchy of the profile was not working and I needed to find a different way to present such important numbers for the user. We decided that the menu was way too small for both the phone and watch screens and that I could find a much easier to display each choice when ordering a coffee. We decided to ditch the logo at the top of the welcome screen because the cups were competing with each other and that maybe I could make the vector cup into a GIF so that the coffee looks like it is filling up. Lastly, we decided to change "Order-On-The-Go" should be changed to "Order" and that the placement of the navigation would be hard to reach for a user. With all of these tips and suggestions I am now super excited to rework these screens to make them even better!



0 comments